Accounts Receivable Assistant
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Assistant
Reports To: AR & Invoicing Manager
MBS Equipment Co. is a world leading provider of lighting equipment and associated facilities to the film and television production industry worldwide, including the exclusive supply of service and support at Pinewood’s UK studios. Our service combines decades of experience with an unrivalled collection of cutting-edge production solutions that embrace both the conventional and the very latest in advanced lighting technology. Through ongoing investment in people and products we have created one of the industry’s premier lighting rental resources, perfectly placed to service any production type anywhere in the world.
We now have an exciting new vacancy for an AR Assistant role to join the growing Finance team.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Raising Invoices to various Productions and recording/updating our financial system
- Upload invoices from our rental tracking system (RTPro) to Acumatica (our accounting software)
- Allocate cash collected and apply to customer accounts in various software
- Review aged receivables and chase debt
- New customer account set up, credit check, credit limits set, closing of Productions
- Develop and maintain good relationships both internal and external clients, both verbal and via email
- Monthly accruals, payment information, aging reconciliations and reporting
- Other ad hoc duties including monthly reporting and support to various departments as they arise
- A minimum of 2 years knowledge and practical experience in an Accounts Receivable or Payable role, involving detailed analytical work.
- Methodical and orderly with the ability to prioritise tasks (this is a key requirement)
- Strong analytical and IT skills particularly in MS Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, so can operate independently with minimum daily direction
- Experience of RTPro and Acumatica will be useful, but is not essential as full training for the role will be provided