Moving Light Technician
Reporting to: Operational Management
Supervising: Apprentices and Agency Staff as needed
Our Moving Light Technician is responsible for the preparation, maintenance and testing of lighting, and other supporting equipment within our Auto/Control department. Ensuring high standards of preparation and quality control for each type of equipment prior to rental.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Preparation of equipment for rental as specified by their Department Supervisor and/or Equipment Coordinators along with the priority of work.
- Delivering equipment to despatch bays as per the Standard Operating Procedure.
- PAT testing of all portable electrical equipment and ensuring other mechanical, visual and functional checks are made.
- Ensure all shortages are passed to equipment coordinators as soon as possible.
- Making sure all function checks are carried out on all items prior to leaving the warehouse to ensure the equipment works correctly on set.
- Ensuring all items are scanned and all non-coded items are accounted for on the system as per individual department procedures.
- Maintenance and repair of moving lights and equipment.
- Reporting of damages to their Department Supervisor so that the repair procedure is instigated.
- During quiet periods maintaining a full workflow of testing equipment to shelf and improving storage solutions and labelling in the departments.
- Supervision of apprentices and casual labour to ensure best practice is being adhered to.
- Responsible for keeping workstation and department areas clean and tidy.
- Checking returned goods for damaged and/or missing items and reporting where found.
- Correct use and maintenance of PPE and manual handling equipment.
- Experience and able to set up and test a wide variety of moving light equipment
- Experience in the lighting industry would be essential.
- Experience and confident with console platforms such as GrandMA or Chamsys.
- Must be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft Outlook.
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro).
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal and external clients receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Team player with a strong work ethic.
- Be able to build relationships with colleagues, suppliers and the MBS sales teams.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines.
- Available to work a 40-hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Sunday. Some additional weekend and evening working will be required.
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits. Working as part of the wider warehouse team, if needed to cover absences, high workloads, and unforeseen circumstances.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands. We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK BELOW TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION FORM.
COMPLETED APPLICATION FORMS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED, ALONG WITH ANY ATTACHMENTS TO:
Please note that we are only able to accept submissions that follow the correct application procedure.