Reporting to: Equipment Control Manager
Supervising: Ad Hock loading staff, and other equipment co-ordinators as cover
- Responsible for co -ordinating equipment from all departments and ensuring all equipment is checked out onto the correct job before loading. Feeding back to departments and the Operations Manager on quality control issues. Providing cover for the Senior Equipment Control Manager when he is on leave.
- Work with the Equipment Control Manager to understand the current workflow, priority of work and despatch deadlines
- Printing Job sheets from RTpro and work with departments communicating the priority of work.
- Ensuring departments understand equipment allocation priorities and agree realistic timescales for each consignment.
- Ensuring shortages are reported and dealt with in a timely manner
- Ensure any sub hires ordered are checked out properly in conjunction with the Sub hire co-ordinator
- Be responsible for starting and maintaining a Job file for each new Job, including a master pull list
- Ensure all equipment have been tested and ensure it is of good standard complete with all accessories and components.
- Advise on vehicle size and loading considering load weight and liaise with the Operations Manager to agree loading timescales and loading bay requirements.
- Ensure sub hires are properly checked and accounted for and paperwork is filed properly for returns
- Ensure all items leaving the premises are scanned to the correct job number
- Carry out quality control checks and feedback forms. Checking items are packaged correctly and labelled for each job.
- Liaise with the account manager about any changes to the job as it progresses
- Direct Loading staff and drivers to ensure items are packaged and loaded safely
- Ensure all delivery paperwork is complete and added to the file when signed by the customer.
- Cover the Out of hours on call phone and call out duties on a rotation basis
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro)
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal and external clients receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Be able to build relationships with suppliers and the MBS sales team
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as workload demands.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders
- This person will be self-motivating and organised with the ability to plan workload.
- Experience in the lighting industry would be an advantage, though not essential
- Experience with stock control systems would be an advantage
- Available to work a 40 hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday. Additional weekend and evening working is required.
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team in Pinewood, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands.