Job Title: Equipment Supervisor
Reporting to: Equipment Manager
Summary of Role
As an Equipment Supervisor you will be playing a pivotal role within the operations of the company and be responsible for, but not limited to:
- The overall supervision of the department, to include agency staff, lighting technicians and trainees.
Testing and quality checks, picking and scanning of jobs using bespoke systems, asset and storage control measures
- Communicating with the equipment control team and allocate daily workload requirements within your team to create a fair and balanced workload
- Manage returning rental stock effectively to ensure smooth flow of equipment around the department
- Originating and contributing to documentation for training purposes, to include procedures and competency skillsets
- Ensuring there is always appropriate cover across all shifts within the department and that those providing the cover are suitably trained
- To take part/assist in return-to-work interviews and, where necessary, escalate potential breaches of conduct and areas of concern to the Management Operations Group
- See that all staff are fully trained and continuously reviewed, to safely and competently fulfil all roles within the department
- Hold weekly toolbox talks with the department’s technicians and ensure relevant documentation/record of those are kept on file
- Training responsibilities for the department
- Support and supervise other departments when required
- To manage the area within the department to ensure that all health and safety policies are followed such as fire evacuation procedures and accident/near miss reporting
- Leading by example, ensure the latest company procedures relating to COVID control measures and self-testing regimes are adhered to at all times within your team, including mask wearing, Lateral Flow Testing and the use of yellow and red cards
This position requires a strong attention to detail, good communication skills and a proven ability to liaise closely with company-wide stakeholders.
Applicants should be adaptable with a willingness to learn, be self-motivated, adaptable and be confident managing multiple projects, in a challenging, high-pressured environment. A degree of IT literacy plus understanding of a range of products including RTPro and Microsoft Office, is preferred, although training will be provided where necessary.
Weekend and extended hours working will be required as the business demands
The salary for the role is competitive and we also provide a range of other great benefits, including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private health insurance, great pension scheme, life insurance and an annual discretionary bonus scheme.