Reporting to: HR Manager
Contract: 6 month fixed term contact (full time)
To assist the HR Manager in providing a comprehensive HR administration service relating to the employment lifecycle. This is a busy department where the need to multitask will be paramount and excellent communication skills in all areas are essential, by phone, email and in person. The role covers a wide range of HR administration duties which will often involve dealing with sensitive information and will call for a disciplined and confidential approach to the role.
To administer the onboarding of new starters, by preparing offer letters, organising welcome packs, drafting employment contracts, updating the HR Tracker and setting up IT requirements.
- To undertakes all necessary employment checks including DBS checks and right to work, medical checks and references.
- To administer the probation process by tracking end dates, ensuring and Managers know when review meetings need to take place and writing to employees to confirm the outcome.
- To conduct induction meetings with new employees and workers and liaising with Managers to ensure they are aware of their responsibilities in the induction.
- To act as a point of contact for the Human Resources department, responding to queries in a timely manner, and escalating issues to the HR Manager where appropriate.
- To promote HR policies and procedures and support Managers as required.
- To ensure accurate HR records are kept for all employees including full-time, part-time, casual workers and agency staff.
- To ensure electronic personnel files are maintained and filing/archiving is completed in a timely manner.
- To track and monitor sickness absence, ensuring return to work meetings are completed.
- To update and maintain the HR system (ADP) with all employee data changes.
- To manage the administration for the recruitment process, by managing the recruitment inbox, placing adverts, updating the Company website, screening CV’s, arranging interviews, and rejecting unsuccessful candidates,
- To administer the Company’s benefit schemes including, pensions, healthcare, income protection and life insurance.
- To prepare HR letters such as meeting invitations, outcome letters, change of terms letters, and providing employment references for current or ex-members of staff.
- To book and co-ordinate internal and external training.
- To administer the performance management system, setting up new starters, removing leavers and tracking usage reports.
- To administer the annual leave system, by setting up new starters, removing leavers and updating leave requests.
- To update the Company organisational chart.
- To administer and maintain the Time and Attendance system, by setting up new starters, removing leavers and generating reports for manager.
- To co-ordinate fire and health & safety processes and procedures.
- To assist with organising staff events (Christmas party, free food Friday).
- To provide HR reports as required.
- To assist the HR Manager with any other administrative needs.
- To assist the HR Manager in developing and implementing new projects.
Experience in a fast-paced Administration role is essential.
- Complete integrity and reliability to manage and perform sensitive and confidential work.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Confidence to build strong internal relationships across the business.
- Great attention to detail and able to work on own initiative.
- The ability to work under pressure in a reactive environment.
- Highly organised and able to work at pace with accuracy.
- Drive, self-motivation, and a positive can-do attitude are a must.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel packages is essential.
- Some knowledge of UK employment law and principles of good HR practice is desirable.