Reports to: This role reports primarily to the Inventory Manager
Supervising: Occasional agency and casual workers or liaising with equipment technicians
Main Purpose of the Role
- To assist the inventory co-ordinator with continuous stock check and inventory adjustment for all departments. This aspect of the role supports the primary aspiration to have accurate inventory values which match physical stock and the inventory records.
- Assisting with correcting physical barcode issues and ensuring a system is in place for re assigning barcodes / RFID tags to serial numbers.
- Learn to update prices and supplier references / manufacturers codes on RT pro.
- Working with the consumables store person assisting them with stock takes and order receipts
- Where possible assisting with requests from the departments and equipment co-ordinators to resolve barcode issues.
- Assisting with projects within departments to ensure they have accurate stock keeping methods and resources.
- Assisting with receiving new equipment when needed and ensuring that barcoding and branding is consistently applied in relation to existing stock, in co-operation with the Inventory co-ordinator.
- Assist Operations teams to identify stock that has continued over utilisation, where holding quantities may need to increase to avoid running out.
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during stock takes and audits.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
To work at all company warehouses and office’s existing now and in the future.
- Must have excellent product and technical knowledge with a wide range of film lighting equipment
- The candidate will work to gain an understanding of over 4000 product lines
- Must understand the RT Pro inventory tracking system specifically the sub hire modules
- Must be an advanced Excel user
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft systems, experience in network and SQL database issues.
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders receiving instruction and giving advice
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
- This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs