Reporting to: Inventory Manager
Supervising: this role will supervise the Inventory assistant, plus addition labour as needed during bulk receiving processes and direct department supervisors during stock counts.
To manage the goods in receiving process for new inventory to ensure all stock is received into the inventory system against the correct PO and with the right department assignation, pricing information and stock code information.
- Physical barcoding / RFID tagging new items.
- Work closely with the Purchase controller and Despatch Manager to schedule new stock arriving and advise availability pending receipt.
- As part of inventory receiving working with the technical team to ensure appropriate branding is applied.
- Rectifying physical barcode issues and ensuring a system is in place for re assigning barcodes / RFID tags to serial numbers (where serial numbers do not exist finding a method to
- permanently identify stock and working with the goods in team to ensure this is carried out.
- Updating prices and supplier references / manufacturers codes on RT pro.
- To be across the continuous stock check and inventory adjustment for all departments. This aspect of the role supports the primary aspiration to have accurate inventory values which
- match physical stock and the inventory records.
- Assisting supervision of the consumables store person and taking an overview of their work, ensuring that good practice for reconciling stock lists is in place and observed
- Developing the consumables role and delegating responsibilities for ordering and reconciling stock while maintaining oversight, raising PO’s for spare parts and accessories as needed.
- Responding to requests from the departments and equipment co-ordinators to resolve barcode issues.
- Running projects within departments to ensure they have accurate stock keeping methods and resources.
- Must have excellent product and technical knowledge with a wide range of film lighting equipment.
- The candidate will understand the technical applications and accessory variations for most product lines.
- Must have the ability to learn the RT Pro inventory tracking system and Optrax scheduling system.
- Must be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft office software
- Must understand the statutory test and inspection requirements for all equipment asserts prior to despatch.
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Must be able to check and verify current status of all inventory in the system.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines.
- This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple projects.
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands. We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
The salary for the role is competitive, depending on experience. We also provide a range of other great benefits, including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private health insurance, great pension scheme, life insurance and an annual discretionary bonus scheme.