Reports to: Business Development Director
The role will provide a high level of client service recognising the time sensitivity of supporting creative television, feature film and commercial production. Support all technology projects for the Studios and provide strategic solutions to operation issues.
Day to Day, there will be a level of on premise first- and second-line maintenance, system administration and project management of technology-based solutions to provide support to business. IT support will be for internal staff, supporting company managers and where we provide connectivity you will be working directly with our clients to manage business systems remotely as well as at their location. This role will cover multiple sites therefore you must be prepared to travel between them as required and at short notice.
The role is supported by a third-party IT Vendor, develop, manage, and maintain infrastructure, server hardware, external connectivity. You will provide hands on and manage business application support including administration of office365 including Outlook, SharePoint, and Teams administration as well as more specific business applications.
As the business grows, development of interconnectivity of office locations will be a key focus, with an emphasis on resilience and security of the operation. In order to support the business, you will consider technology-based solutions utilising existing Office 365 functionality, cloud based and on-premise solutions as well as or recommending and developing third party software solutions will be required.
- To triage and prioritise support tasks for action appropriately.
- Provide technical support and advice for approved hardware and software (on premise and cloud hosted) for all office and warehouse-based staff.
- Where working with third party service suppliers, ensure issues are handled in line with agreed SLAs.
- Where issues span across multiple suppliers, co-ordinate support response to execute delivery.
- Install and Manage Microsoft Client Operating Systems.
- Set up of new IT hardware on the network, installation of software and enrolment.
- Install/Setup/First line maintenance Network Printers & Wireless Devices.
- Understanding of Setup/Maintaining Mobile Devices, Second point of call for warehouse hand scanner hardware.
Network and User Admin
- Knowledge of managing and supporting Office 365 and managing Office 365 Admin Centre, including creating and managing users, groups, and services.
- Working knowledge of Administration for SharePoint online; managing groups, security, permissions, and sites.
- Using and Maintaining Active Directory, including security groups, user on and off boarding.
- Manage network operation including troubleshooting connectivity, adding/terminating users; assigning rights and access; resetting passwords; establishing e-mail address; assessing and reporting operation status.
- Overview of security and privacy of networks and IT systems.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Management of Software License’s; ensuring most cost-effective usage by business.
- Experience of the full O365 Cloud Suite including OneDrive, Teams, Power Automate, Power BI, Forms, and One Note as well as installs application.
- Overseeing the operational health of the O365 Exchange, SharePoint online environment including security, availability, performance, and reliability.
- Oversees supply, administration, and maintenance of technology infrastructure to include workstations, networks, servers, software applications, phones, copiers, and other technologies.
- Provide technical guidance, leadership, and subject matter expertise to users with PC and software difficulties.
- Maintains, plans, and tests technology disaster recovery plan in the case of emergency.
- Manage and maintain the security systems software, hardware, and cameras.
- Ensure Backup systems are operating and be the point of call for recovery.
- Ensuring programme for preventative maintenance and software upgrades, at minimal disruption to business.
- Management of user accounts including on and off boarding.
- Working with internal customers to identify requirements and implement new third-party software.
- User admin of company’s CCTV system(s).
- User admin of company’s access control system(s).
System Administration & Inventory Management
- Manages and controls hardware/software inventory to include procurement and disposal.
- Procure and manage third party support and vendor contracts.
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment production, malfunction, and maintenance to determine costs and impact, and address problems.
- Oversees new software deployment/upgrades & database projects.
Strategy, Co-ordination & Communications
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all departments and provide high level customer service to the organisation.
- Assist Directors in budgeting process.
- Provide support for local and remote end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software programs and hardware.
- Develop, implements, and monitors management information technology policies and controls to ensure data accuracy, security, and legal and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure compliance with all software licensing agreements. Manages and safeguards software media and associated licenses. Tracks software versions and maintains centralised software use log.
- Ensures technology documents/certificates such as product registrations, SSL certificates, maintenance agreements, service contracts, etc. related to technology operations and/or technology services are evaluated, updated and processed.
- Keep up to date with the best IT practices and industry knowledge.
- Completing another other tasks that may be required from time to time.
- Experience of Line management.
- Supervisory experience and the ability to coach and train a team to continually grow professionally in all aspects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- 5+ years progressive experience in the field required with a proven experience as IT Technician or relevant position working as a team or with similar experience.
- Professional certifications from Microsoft, CISCO, CompTIA are desired.
- Practical competency in cable termination and patching.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of computers and software including proficiency with Windows OS 10, Microsoft Office 365 administration, including SharePoint and Outlook configuration.
- Knowledge of Command Line for troubleshooting network connectivity desired.
- Knowledge of VOIP and Digital telephone system desired.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, Telnet, Win2008/20012 Server/Windows 10 Pro /Mac OS.
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks.
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles.
- Familiar with the following:
- Desktop Imaging technology
- WAN Management (including SDWan, MPLS and similar technologies)
- Bandwidth Management
- SQL Server
- Fortinet and Ubiquity Platforms.
- Maintain a professional demeanour and possess excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to develop and follow process.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, comfortable working independently.
- Project Management experience with excellent organisational, planning and analytical skills.
- Enthusiasm for technical challenges and a strong desire to learn and explore new areas of technology.
- Ability to multi-task and be proactive as well as a self-starter in a collaborative work environment.
- Outstanding organisational and time-management skills, able to manage ever changing priorities with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to recognise and handle sensitive and confidential information discreetly and tactfully.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with Director level executives.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to resolve technical problems promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to work varied hours, including early morning, late evening, or weekends to provide on-site support (occasionally).
- Full clean driving license, able to drive to other locations as required.
This document is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of responsibilities, or requirements.