Junior Account Manager - East London
Reports To: Sales Team Leader
Based in East London, the Junior Account Manager will be a part of a team and act as the points of contact for the Company’s Feature Film, TV and Commercial clients, Rigging, Virtual Production, and other projects. The key purpose of the role is to assist with the management of customer accounts from the initial phone call through to final approval of invoices. The role requires excellent customer service skills to ensure all aspects of the account are handled in a professional and personal manner. The Junior Account Manager will also work with the wider Sales team in procuring new business and maintaining on-going relationships with clients and crew.
The role reports directly to the Sales Team Leader but also involves working closely with the wider Sales Team, Head of Lighting, Finance Department and Operations Department. There will also be essential and significant involvement with Production Crew.
- Maintaining relationships with existing client base.
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails in a professional and timely manner.
- Updating the crew call log sheet.
- Attend daily morning meeting and afternoon transport meeting.
- Working alongside the Account Managers to manage productions from start to finish.
- Entering client equipment lists accurately for quoting.
- Assisting with the completion of the Job Management Workbook.
- Assisting with internal Production Meetings when necessary.
- Working out equipment shortages by checking stock levels and endeavour to utilise available stock by offering up alternatives, while keeping costs to a minimum to maximise profit margins.
- Highlighting purchasing opportunities of unavailable equipment.
- Arranging sub hire when necessary, ensuring costs are covered with a margin and creating a sub hire PO for the supplier.
- Assisting with creating Quotation Summaries ensuring all requirements are captured and quoted to Production regularly throughout the show, using discount structures as set out in the Account Managers guidelines.
- Creating billing schedules where necessary.
- Ensuring each production is set up with an account, which must include terms and conditions are agreed and signed, deal documents are created and sent, insurance documents are received.
- Obtaining a Purchase Order from production before releasing equipment.
- Ensuring a payment schedule is in place and where necessary payment in advance is taken.
- Updating Optrax with all logistical requirements including, but not limited to, deliveries, collections, swing movements, sub hire collections and returns.
- Booking generators in the diary and liaising with transport for other vehicle bookings.
- Arranging delivery and collection of equipment packages.
- Updating job dates and prices on RTPro to accurately reflect the quotation summary ensuring any prices for sub hire, specialist equipment, trucks and generators are locked.
- Keeping orders to bill updated and invoicing promptly, ensuring all Rental, Transport and Consumables orders are invoiced.
- Keeping crew updated on a weekly basis to review and agree on missing and damaged equipment.
- Monitoring late returns report and ensuring extended hires are captured and charged on and arranging transfer of equipment on RTPro where necessary.
- Assisting with closing down productions in a timely manner ensuring all missing and damaged items have been agreed and invoiced.
- Carrying out final checks to ensure that all orders have been invoiced and consumable credits raised if necessary.
- Attending weekly workbook meetings with the Finance Team and Sales Team Leader, to update information on their productions.
- Setting an example of high standards and professionalism to other employees.
- Displaying strong technical knowledge by keeping up to date with latest industry products.
- Completing other tasks as requested by the Sales team leader and Head of Lighting.
- Work additional hours when required to ensure daily tasks are complete and all client emails have been replied to.
- Attend training at the Company’s Headquarters in Colnbrook, as required.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Industry experience preferred in Film, Television and Commercial lighting equipment rental and sales.
- Strong business acumen.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Professional and work well under pressure in an unpredictable industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to a positive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial.
- Strong track record of building and managing customer relationships.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done.