Junior Account Manager
Essential Position Purpose
The Junior Account Manager will be a part of a team and act as a point of contact for the Company’s Feature Film, TV and Commercial clients. You will be assisting with the management of customer accounts from the initial phone call and other necessary actions through to final approval of invoices. Customer service skills are essential to ensure all aspects of the account are handled in a professional and personal manner. You will also work with the wider sales team in procuring new business and maintain on-going relationships with clients and crew.
Key Working Relationships
The position reports directly to the office Manager but also works closely with the wider Sales team, Sales Director, Business Development Director, Finance and Operations Department. The main duties for this position include significant involvement with Production Crew.
Key Position Duties
- Maintaining relationships with existing client base
- Answering phone calls and responding to emails in a professional and timely manner.
- Updating the crew call log sheet.
- Attend daily morning meeting and afternoon transport meeting.
- Working alongside the Account Managers to manage productions from start to finish. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Entering client equipment lists accurately for quoting.
- Assisting with the completion of the Job Management Workbook.
- Assist with internal Production Meetings when necessary.
- Working out equipment shortages by checking stock levels and endeavour to utilise available stock by offering up alternatives. Keeping costs to a minimum to maximise profit margins.
- Highlighting purchasing opportunities of unavailable equipment.
- Arranging sub hire when necessary, ensuring costs are covered with a margin. Creating a sub hire PO for the supplier.
- Assist with creating Quotation Summaries ensuring all requirements are captured and quoted to Production regularly throughout the show using discount structures as set out in the Account Managers guidelines.
- Creating billing schedules where necessary.
- Assist with ensuring each production is set up with an account, terms and conditions are agreed to and signed, deal documents are created and sent, insurance is received.
- Obtaining a Purchase Order from production before releasing equipment.
- Ensuring a payment schedule is in place and where necessary payment in advance is taken.
- Updating Optrax with all logistical requirements including, but not limited to, deliveries, collections, swing movements, sub hire collections and returns.
- Booking generators in the diary and liaising with transport for other vehicle bookings.
- Arranging delivery and collection of equipment packages.
- Updating job dates and prices on RT Pro to accurately reflect the quotation summary ensuring any prices for sub hire, specialist equipment, trucks and generators are locked.
- Keeping orders to bill updated and invoicing promptly. Ensuring all Rental, Transport and Consumables orders are invoiced.
- Keep crew updated on a weekly basis to review and agree on missing & damaged equipment.
- Monitoring late returns report and ensuring extended hires are captured and charged on. Arranging transfer of equipment on RTPro where necessary.
- Assist with closing down productions in a timely manner ensuring all missing & damage has been agreed and invoiced, final checks that all orders have been invoiced and consumable credits raised if necessary.
- Set an example of high standards and professionalism to other employees.
- Display strong technical knowledge by keeping up to date with latest industry products.
- Completing other tasks as requested by the office Manager and Director.
- Work additional hours when required to ensure daily tasks are complete and all client emails have been replied to.
Essential Position Competencies and Requirements
- Industry experience preferred in Film, Television and Commercial lighting equipment rental and sales.
- Strong business acumen.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Remain professional and work well under pressure in an unpredictable industry.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage own workload efficiently and meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work well with others and contribute to a positive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are crucial.
- Strong track record of building and managing customer relationships.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done.