Late Shift Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Supervising: Variable staff requirements both full time and agency, depending on workload
Main Purpose of Role
- To manage a team of variable size during the late shift between 17:00 to 02:00
- Developing a team to carry out a range of operational functions throughout the warehouse on the late shift, to expand operational capability
- Overseeing the return of equipment to departments ready for testing
- Supervise return scanning and return of Non coded equipment through the inventory system RT Pro
- Taking hand overs notes from the day team to finish prep and scanning of late outbound orders
- Supervising the return to shelf PAT test regimes in various departments, as resource allows.
- Oversee out of hours housekeeping and maintenance requirements such as department cleaning and sorting
- Oversee adhoc loading / unloading requirements as the business requires
- Act as handover from the equipment co-ordinators to receive late sub hires and ensure they are checked out to the appropriate trucks
- To build and expand the capabilities of the late shift to mirror the skillsets in the day shift, allowing for business expansion
- Health and safety supervision
- Must have excellent product and technical knowledge with a wide range of film lighting equipment
- The candidate will understand the technical applications and accessory variations for most product lines
- Must have the ability to learn the RT Pro inventory tracking system and Optrax scheduling system
- Must be IT literate with an understanding of Microsoft office software
- Must understand the statutory test and inspection requirements for all equipment asserts prior to despatch
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders receiving instruction and giving advice
- Must be able to check and verify current status of all inventory in the system.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work evenings
- This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during stock takes and audits.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team in promoting company activities and initiatives, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.