Operations Departmental Supervisor
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Supervising: Variable, allocating staff between departments and agency workers
To assist the Operations Manager in communicating and updating daily workload to departments from the Equipment Co-ordinators, ensuring that orders are prepped to a high standard and delivered to the correct bay in good time agreed with the Equipment co-ordinator.
- Track daily outbound workflow between Equipment Co-ordinators and departments, helping to set priority and timescales.
- Supervise equipment shortage information gathering and reporting, including liaising with the returns team.
- Work in conjunction with the Operations Manager to re-allocate resources between departments to provide cover and uplift as needed.
- Assist with any technical queries relating to acceptable equipment standards and assist in escalating technical queries to the technical manager.
- Feedback any issues from the departments and assist in resolving issues.
- Work as an Operations supervisor on rotation every third week to open the warehouse at 07:00 and deal with any walk in on Lot customers in conjunction with the early shift account handler in the sales office.
- Supervise departments to run a shortage mop up system, where items outstanding on jobs are notified to equipment co-ordinators when they become available.
- Supervise departments with missing parts ordering and communication with the Purchasing and inventory team.
- Keep a tally of Department background housekeeping projects, and ensure daily progress is monitored, and fed back to departments.
Must have excellent product and technical knowledge with a wide range of film lighting equipment.
- The candidate will understand the technical applications and accessory variations for over 4000 product lines.
- Must understand the RT Pro inventory tracking system.
- Must be an advanced MS Excel user.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft systems, experience in network and SQL database issues would be an advantage.
- Must understand the statutory test and inspection requirements for all equipment asserts prior to despatch.
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Must be able to clearly produce reports to the sales and finance team showing current status of all inventories in the system.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines.
- This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs.
You must be available to work a 40-hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday. Some additional weekend and evening working will be required.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands. We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
The salary for the role is competitive, depending on experience. We also provide a range of other great benefits, including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private health insurance, great pension scheme, life insurance and an annual discretionary bonus scheme.