Operations & Logistics Director
Reports to: Managing Director – Europe
The Operations & Logistics Director will play a crucial role in the leadership of the Company’s Operations team, overseeing the day to day running of our Warehouse logistics and inventory Operations. You will be accountable for leading the team to provide an outstanding service to our customers by inspiring and developing your team. You will also be responsible for reviewing and implementing new procedures to streamline processes and policies in your area.
- Oversee all aspects of the equipment rental operations, including check in and check out processes, storage and testing.
- Oversee the inventory management processes to comply with business and audit requirements.
- Manage and monitor performance and relationships to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of customer excellence.
- Manage the Service level agreement with external transport suppliers.
- Develop plans for facilities management issues via contracted services.
- Identify opportunities across the business, investigating options and designing solutions; preparing and presenting proposals; and delivering solutions which meet objectives.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy to ensure that company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Day to day overview and management of the team structure across departments departmental team leaders, Managers and Supervisors including authorising staffing levels and temporary labour to suit variable demands.
- Ensure all teams are provided with appropriate training and development opportunities through group policies and resources.
- Ensure high standards of safety compliance are maintained across the site and any satellite operations under the remit of this role.
- Working with departmental team leaders ensuring that strategic objectives of the Company are met for each of their teams.
- Lead, motivate and direct key reports.
- High level handling of escalations of customer issues.
- Increase departmental efficiency through KPIs.
- Create a long-term business plan to ensure customer service levels and customer experience is the best in the industry.
- Project management tasks and project reporting to other Directors.
- Improve operational systems, processes, and policies. Procuring equipment and resources to enable efficient operations.
- Play a significant role in implementing new initiatives geared towards operational excellence.
- Managing Person Development Policies and assigning training programmes when required making sure the department is constantly upskilled.
- Conducting one 2 ones with team members.
- Implementing changes and keeping on top of the company’s Asset system.
- Previous warehouse management experience is essential.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in senior management role.
- Strong leadership and management skills – with specific experience in managing large operational teams over multiple shifts.
- Must have good experience of implementing Health and safety systems.
- ICT background with significant experience in working in an ICT/technical environment.
- Experience of developing, implementing, and managing ICT strategies.
- Experience in resolving customer escalations.
- Demonstrable experience leading and motivating a team.
- An adaptable candidate who is capable of working in a fast-paced environment and can prioritise their workload.
- Track record of KPI delivery.
- Passionate about driving success and implementing best practice.
- Solution focused.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with the ability to demonstrate towards performance.
- Experience working closely with Asset systems.
This document is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of responsibilities, or requirements.