Order Despatch Manager
Reporting to: Operations Director
Supervising: All Equipment Co-ordinators (including checking the quality control of departments in conjunction with the Operations Manager)
Responsible for Developing and implementing processes to ensure the accurate check out and tracking of all Equipment rental and consumable sales orders via the team of Equipment Co-ordinators. The Despatch manager will manage a team of Equipment coordinators, distributing workload and ensuring that procedures from shortage reporting to load checking and despatch paperwork are all followed consistently ensuring accuracy and customer satisfaction.
- Manage a team of equipment coordinators ensuring appropriate cover for the workflow including authorising and accounting for overtime if needed
- Interpreting workflow from the sales team via the Optrax system and delegating Order to be pulled to Equipment Co-ordinators
- Work with the Crew Liaison and Equipment Forecasting Manager, to ensure phased delivery orders are kept up to date and allocated to the team
- Ensuring shortages are reported and dealt with in a timely manner, and good communication is maintained from the Coordinator teams to the sales team
- Be responsible for ensuring a Job file is stated for each new Job, including a master pull list, and check out sheets documenting hat has been despatched on each load (partial or completed)
- Ensuring scanning accuracy for each Equipment Despatch
- Investigating and implementing control measures for each Equipment Despatch
- Ensure all Quality control checks are carried out by the coordinators in the bay prior to despatch including checks on the appropriate packaging arrangements
- Advise on vehicle size and loading considering load weight and liaise with the Operations Manager to agree loading timescales allocate loading bays each day via Optrax
- Liaise with the transport team to ensure the correct trucks are present on the bays in a timely manner
- Work with the late shift manager to hand over workload and ensure all next day orders are completed, and any sub hires are clearly discussed to make it to the right vehicle / bay.
- Ensure sub hires are properly checked and accounted for and paperwork is filed properly for returns
- Manage Coordinators performance reviews, and development objectives
- Ensure the department resourced physically and technically at all time and all technical and infrastructure issues escalated to resolution.
- Keep track of any changes to orders and ensure information is relayed to coordinators as jobs progress
- Ensure a process is in place for all signed delivery paperwork, so that it is retrievable as prove of receipt for each hire.
- Submit and develop ideas for operational improvements as the role progresses.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel,
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro) and workflow system Optrax
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal and external clients receiving instruction and giving advice.
- Be able to build relationships with colleagues and the MBS sales team
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends as workload demands.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders
- This person will be self-motivating and organised with the ability to plan workload.
- Experience in the lighting industry would be an advantage, though not essential
- Experience with stock control systems would be an advantage
- Available to work a 40 hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday. Additional weekend and evening working is required.
Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits.
Working as part of the wider warehouse team, if needed you may be required to cover absences, high workloads, and unforeseen circumstances.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands. We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
Warehouse hours are from 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, and additional weekend and evening working is sometimes required.