Repairs Workshop Administrator
Reports to: Technical Manager
Department: Repairs Workshop
To carry out all administrative work for the repairs team. This would involve ordering parts from various suppliers, organising deliveries to and from repairs suppliers, pricing repair tickets, raising POs for repair invoices and parts orders.
- Ensure all billable repair tickets are priced accurately in our hire tracking software to any deadlines set by account handlers.
- Develop relationships with suppliers to know who to go to for what parts, repairs, and information.
- Make daily parts orders from various suppliers according to the parts order form submitted by the repairs team.
- Assist the Repairs Inventory Technician in maintaining a spare parts stock.
- Work with the repairs team to understand the priorities of the incoming repair stock and act as a point of communication for the repairs team with the Prep and Sales teams.
- Liaise with external repair suppliers and arrange shipping to and from suppliers using our in-house transport department’s booking system.
- Use the hire tracking system to ensure all repairs are traceable when offsite with external repair suppliers.
- Monitor performance deadlines/ticket system, so items are not left unpriced with if billable.
- Liaising with the Technical Manager and Inventory Manager about retiring stock which is beyond economical repair.
- Raise POs for repairs and parts orders in accordance with company procedure.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental Tracker Pro)
- Able to learn the MBS transport booking system (Optrax)
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers
- Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues
- Be able to work under pressure to challenging deadlines
- Self-motivated and organised with the ability to plan workload and keep track of multiple jobs