Reporting to: Operations Manager with dotted line to Inventory manager
To coordinate all third-party logistics requirements relating to distribution and rental inventory acquisition operations, time critical courier requirements and imports/exports administration. To ensure rental asset tracking system is accurately updated with data needed for shipping such as commodity codes, values COO etc. To work with third party suppliers and colleagues in other territories to coordinate the shipping to and from UK locations.
- Maintain and assist with the development of shipping templates and accurate archiving of commercial invoices, temporary import/ export licences and carnet information etc.
- Understand the requirements of international shipping export and imports, to set up appropriate shipping transactions.
- To work as part of a growing team to facilitate inter-company shipments and establish shipping best practices efficiencies via a range of third-party suppliers.
- To collate, prepare and package shipments for transport, where necessary utilising 3rd party service providers.
- To track and circulate regular consignment updates to appropriate individuals/teams.
- To react in a timely manner to urgent requests for couriers and parcel services to meet customers fast paced demands.
- Understand the quoting and purchase order processes for reconciling costs and invoices for third party logistics supply.
- Have a good working knowledge of consignment efficiency and the ability to investigate the volume and value of proposed consignments to find the most efficient shipping solution.
- Ensure all consignments are despatched with the correct accompanying paperwork and permissions.
- To work with the inventory and receiving teams to check incoming shipments from third parties or other parts of the MBSE group.
- Work with the inventory team to ensure products that need to be added to UK rental inventory are received in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understand VAT and Duty implications for each shipment and adjust commercial values accordingly to reflect depreciated values where appropriate.
- Must have previous experience of third-party logistics booking.
- The candidate will have a good appreciation of film industry timescale expectations.
- Will be able to learn the inventory tracking system RT Pro
- Be able to work with suppliers and resources such as the. Gov website to get accurate commodity codes.
- Previous of experience of imports/exports and customs declarations would be an advantage.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office programmes.
- Knowledge of advanced excel methods would be an advantage.
- Experience in network and SQL database issues would be an advantage.
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal stakeholders when receiving instructions and giving advice.
- Must be able to clearly produce reports to the sales and finance teams showing status of placed shipping requests.
- To be able to work under pressure to rapidly changing deadlines.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends if required.
- This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs while working as part of a larger team to meet the end customer’s requirements.
- You must be available to work a 40-hour week on a roster basis between the hours of 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday. Some additional weekend and evening working will be required.
- Working as part of the wider warehouse team, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
- Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands.We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
The salary for the role is competitive, depending on experience. We also provide a range of other great benefits, including 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, private health insurance, great pension scheme, life insurance and an annual discretionary bonus scheme.