Studio Facility Manager
Studio Facility Manager – Symmetry Studios (London)
Reporting to: VP Studio Operations and Client Services.
To lead the facilities management and provision of services to deliver optimum accommodation, environmental and support service standards to our studio clients. The Studio Facility Manager will ensure that the physical environment is fit for purpose in terms of premises, facilities, health & safety and office accommodation in order that the site delivers the studio clients operational requirements.
Working closely with the Studio Manager to ensure that the studio operates smoothly whilst delivering exceptional customer service and the very best studio experience for our clients. The Studio Facility Manager should instil confidence in the client that their production needs are taken care of by the studio, quickly and thoroughly whilst being thorough, polite, friendly, and helpful at all times.
- Manage site including stages, support offices and workshops.
- Work with the VP Studio Operations and Studio Manager to fully understand the background of the client, the nature of their production and any specific requirements.
- Lead the procurement of contractors and constantly monitor their performance to ensure they are performing to their highest standards and delivering customer needs.
- Build great relationships with contractors and suppliers (including security, IT infrastructure, catering, cleaning, M&E, utilities etc) ensuring contracts are well managed and issues are escalated and resolved quickly and effectively.
- Ensure records are created and maintained for the building to demonstrate full operational procedures are followed.
- Co-ordinate Studio and client PPE/Hazmat collection and disposal.
- Co-ordinate the removal of all site waste.
- Inspect stages for possible safety breaches.
- Fire regulation liaison, monitor fire extinguisher equipment (survey placement, condition and upkeep).
- Ensure that studio clients comply with all studio policies and procedures, as well as all Government and health & safety regulations, fire safety and cleanliness rules.
- Co-ordinate with contractors and all other studio departments to ensure that all studio services are provided to the client in a speedy and efficient manner.
- Ensure all areas are ready and presentable on check in.Survey and report any delapse on check out.
- Monitor and deliver repair/maintenance work as required.
- Produce emergency/fire plans and procedures and communicate these with Studio Manager, onsite MBS team, key production personnel and contractors.
- Manage direct reports and team development.
- Troubleshoot and rectify any issues reported by production or the Studio Manager.
- Assist with any client recces, organise parking and ensure site and relevant areas are presentable
- Familiarise and assist with other MBS studio sites if/when required.
- Submit regular reports to the VP Studio Operations.
- Perform other duties as requested by line manager or other company managers.
- A qualification in IOSH Managing health & Safety and/or NEBOSH.
- A professional qualification in facilities management.
- H&S training in Asbestos Awareness, Legionella Awareness, Fire Awareness, Emergency First Aid.
- Previous film/TV studio FM/operational management or experience of delivering service to media clients advantageous.
- Solid experience in Facilities Management gained in comparable professional environments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work collaboratively. Able to find pragmatic solutions and adapt to changing situations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of statutory legislation as it relates to the built environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the full spectrum of facilities management functions, including contract management, tendering, business development, continuity planning, and hospitality services.
- Demonstrable up-to-date knowledge of current licensing, H&S and disability/access legislation.
- Experience of negotiating and procuring facilities management service contracts based upon best practice principles, with an understanding and working knowledge of performance measurement techniques within the current facilities management market.
- Experience of diligently managing customer relationships and with managing and recommending improvements to SLA’s with customers and suppliers.
- An understanding of using a permit to work system.
- An understanding of Electrical Regulations and working with large capacity HVAC would be an advantage.
- BIFM membership (and engagement with CPD) preferable but not essential.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to prioritise workload.
Working hours are from 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, and additional weekend and evening working is sometimes required.