Reporting to: Workshop Supervisor
The Workshop Technician will be responsible for carrying out and maintaining a consistent throughput of technical repairs on lighting and associated equipment.
- Understanding the priorities of the incoming repair stock and deciding on the most cost-efficient repair options
- Undertaking electrical and mechanical repairs.
- Preparing equipment to be sent to external suppliers for repair.
- Testing equipment (including PAT) before managing return to stock.
- Using RT pro stock control system to identify where all repair stock is located either within PMBS or at external repair suppliers and returning repaired items to stock.
- Liaising with the Inventory Manager about retiring stock which is beyond economical repair.
- Work with the Repairs Workshop Administrator to ensure supplies are maintained a good level within the repairs department and the equipment departments.
- Work with PMBS departments so they have a better understanding of what repairs can be done quickly and locally and what should be escalated to the repairs department.
- Ensure the department workshop is always maintained in an efficient and organised manner with all tools and equipment accounted for.
- Work with the Technical Manager to ensure all operations are risk assessed and control measures are in place and being adhered to.
- Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro).
- Must be able to confidently communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers.
- Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues.
- To be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders.
- Self-motivated and organised with the ability to plan workload and keep track of multiple jobs.
- 2 years+ experience in the lighting industry is desirable.
Weekend and extended hours working is required as the business demands. We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.